Looking for a talented, self-motivated and creative individual to join our team. You must be a team player, be detail-oriented and have a positive attitude that works well in a very fast paced environment. The successful individual will possess a strong work ethic, with the ability to work independently and have total pride in your workmanship.
Candidates must be well versed in softscaping with experience in residential, commercial and industrial projects and a passion for landscaping. Experience in hardscape is beneficial but not necessary. You will be a key person in our landscape design/build division.
You will be required to:
- Layout and prepare installation site
- Operate power equipment (loader, bobcat, skid steer, 5 ton dump truck with crane operation, forklift )
- Knowledge of proper horticultural practices, tree and shrub knowledge is very beneficial
- Work with Garden Centre Manager and Landscape Designer in regards to scheduling, daily tasks, and future jobs
- Oversee landscape crew members to ensure proper work procedures are followed and schedule deadlines are met
- Delegate tasks, ensure proper safety procedures are followed
- Interact with customers with an ability to inspire, sell, and problem solve in a courteous manner
- Ensure jobs are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Ensure job sites are cleaned of all debris and materials before leaving the client’s property
- Prepare and complete daily production reports
- A valid G driver’s license in good standing. All successful candidates must provide a current driver abstract.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience an asset
- Post-Secondary school education in landscape technician, horticultural technician OR related training/experience preferred
- Neat appearance and strong customer service skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instruction
- Ability to interpret plans and specifications related to the work assigned
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks
- Skilled with trade calculations and numeracy
- Ability to perform multiple job tasks to meet various project deadlines
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties and must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 – 75 lbs. frequently 8 – 10 hours a day
- Must be able to push/pull 50 – 250 lbs.
- Must be able to perform frequent bending, twisting, kneeling and squatting.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain meticulous records
- Career minded with a desire to take ownership and grow business
- Must be available to work shifts/weekends/overtime, as required.
Apprenticeship opportunities available.
Send resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.